Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Say Yes to the Dress - Part 1

That was probably much too obvious a title for a post on--what else?--the dress.

The dress is not ordered, or paid for, or even 100% decided on, but I'm getting closer. Here is how this wedding stuff is going for me: any decision that can potentially disappoint me or cause anxiety...I avoid. This will, of course, lead to more anxiety down the road, as I feel the crunch of time upon me. So I am working on this. Starting with making a decision on a dress...

I was going to apologize for the small size of these pictures...

...but I think it's better not to give it all away

I spied on this dress for about a month. It was only available through the retailer's online site. I was getting pretty close to working up the nerve and the funds to order it (and the free shipping sale was about to end) when this happened:

The secret's out. I'm not a size 2. But that's nothing my thighs couldn't tell you...


 This was my reaction:
There is nothing like being told you can't have something to make you WANT IT. NOW.

That is what we call "having a hissy." Except its so much less effective when you're sitting home alone in your pjs on a snow day with only gchat to vent.

Stay tuned for my more solution-oriented progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment